Showing posts with label F1 championship. Show all posts
Showing posts with label F1 championship. Show all posts

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mclaren Team Quizzed Again

Several of the Mclaren team top brass were questioned again by the interrogators as a part of the spy scandal by the Italian investigators.Although the governing body of F1 the FIA concluded their investigation earlier this year the legal wrangle of the whole process is still continuing.The FIA earlier fined the Mclaren team 50 million dollars and also stripped them of all their constructor points for the championship after a 700 page book that contained the Ferrari information was found on the Mclaren camp.The investigators have quizzed sacked Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney who is alleged to have passed on the information to the Mclaren camp.

Friday, February 8, 2008

WEBBER TIPS ALONSO TO WIN

Mark Webber has come out and said that he will not be surprised if Fernando Alonso races his way to a third world championship with Renault and Lewis Hamilton will have second year blues.Webber predicted that Lewis Hamilton will have more pressure on him this time around and this will increase his chances of failure.He also said that Alonso has beaten Micheal Schumacher two times to the championship and all of them go through a lull like Alonso went through last season.Hamilton finished second in his debut season but Webber has predicted that Hamilton will struggle to come up with a repeat performance this season.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

MOSELY FEARS FOR F1


FIA president Max Mosely fears for formula one that they will lose one team before the end of the season.Super Aguri are said to be the marquee team under the threat and the speculation is rife is that they may fail to make the cut at the season itself.The team may be folded before the season ends or may be the subject of the potential makeover.Super Aguri run over a very tight budget and they use the engines which are supplied by the Japanese giants Honda.F1 teams must abide by the budget cap rules from the beginning of the next season but super aguri will find it difficult to stay in the grid for the whole of the next year.

Monday, December 10, 2007

ALONSO TO DRIVE FOR RENAULT

Fernando Alonso has just signed up to drive for renault in the upcoming season.He has put an end t o the speculation that he might be taking a sabbatical for the following season and then join Ferrari.He had to leave Mclaren as he was unhappy with the preferential treatment that Hamilton got at Mclaren.Mclaren had to hand over the championship to Ferrari because of lack of unity and cohesion in the team.Alonso will be joined at renault by 22 year old rookie Nelson Piquet junior,son of former three time world champ Nelson Piquet senior.Now the biggest challenge for Renault is that they must provide the double world champion with the car that is capable of contending for the title.The below par Giancarlo Fisichella has been disposed off and that is a big move of the team so far in this season.Alonso it seems this season may have to be content with a mediocre season.
 
ss_blog_claim=e5b272366046d0348cf04b1387b7738f