Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mourinho Will return next season

Jose Mourinho expects to take up a coaching job in either Spain or Italy next year before returning to the English Premier League.

The former Chelsea boss has been out of work since leaving Stamford Bridge in September, but has been linked with several top European clubs - including Barcelona - and is preparing for a return to the top.

"For the time being I am studying, but next year... Italy or Spain," Mourinho said in an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport.

"But then I would like to return to England and end my career as the national coach of Portugal."

The 45-year-old has nothing definite in place as yet and will only agree to join a club which fully supports his vision.

"(I will choose) whoever comes to me with a firm offer, (but) I would only go to a club that believes in my project, who believes I am the ideal man," he said.

"I am free, I don't have pre-contracts or a 'gentlemen's agreement I want to coach, I am working with a friend of mine on a computer programme that compiles my personal archive, player cards, notes on rivals, in preparation (for a return to coaching)."

Mourinho, who won the Premier League twice with Chelsea, spoke of England as a second home and praised the Football Association for appointing Italian Fabio Capello as manager.

"If one day I'm ever president, which will never happen, I would immediately choose Capello as coach," Mourinho said.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e5b272366046d0348cf04b1387b7738f