Thursday, July 17, 2008

Etoo confirms Kuruvchi deal

The 27-year-old also revealed Kuruvchi were one of a number of clubs to have contacted him, despite claims from Barca sporting director Txiki Begiristain that the Catalan club had not received any formal bids for the striker.

"There was interest from Kuruvchi. That is one of the reasons I'm here, to get to know the people and all the interesting things about this country," he said.

Eto'o, who has been told he is not part of new coach Pep Guardiola's plans, is expected to leave the Nou Camp this summer and has been linked with moves to Serie A and the Premier League.

A host of sides have been linked with the prolific Cameroon international, with Kuruvchi claiming earlier this week they had reached a deal to sign Eto'o and that the striker would arrive in Tashkent on Thursday.

And although the story was largely laughed off in the media, Eto'o arrived in the Uzbekistan capital Tashkent as announced to give a press conference and explain the motives for his trip.

He added: "I want to say something (about my future), but there are other clubs interested and I'll make the best choice for me."

Eto'o insisted no decision had yet been made about his future, and until he was decided he promised he would continue to train with his current club.

He added: "I've not made any decision about changing teams. On Saturday I'll begin training again in Spain. If I had to decide to change club I would always do what was best for my career.

"I'll return to Spain and there I'll confirm my final opinion."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e5b272366046d0348cf04b1387b7738f