Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hamilton disqualified

The McLaren driver was aboard double Olympic gold medallist Ben Ainslie's Hugo Boss boat, which was disqualified for its part in an incident which broke the mast of a fellow competitor - just three weeks after Hamilton's crash into the back of Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari at the Montreal Grand Prix.

And 23-year-old Hamilton, who will be hoping for better luck in next week's British Grand Prix, insists he enjoyed the experience despite the crash.

"I am gutted because it is a beautiful boat and I have been to the front and the bow has been snapped off," he said.

"This is the first time I have been on a sailing boat. It is very technical and the cool thing is it has a lot in common with Formula One.

"It is very complex and I was very fortunate they allowed me to drive it for 30-40 minutes but surprisingly I did a pretty good job.

"Working with Ben Ainslie has been phenomenal, especially with him on the same boat telling me I am doing a good job.

"This is one of the coolest things I have ever done and I will hopefully I will be invited here again."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e5b272366046d0348cf04b1387b7738f