Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pandev to stay putt

The 24-year-old would have been seen as a replacement if Dimitar Berbatov was to leave, but wants to stay in Serie A.

"It is true Tottenham want me, but I intend to stay at Lazio," he told Macedonia newspaper Vest.

Spurs feel they have missed out on Richard Dunne, believing the Manchester City defender would prefer a move to Portsmouth for personal reasons.

They also feel competition for starting places at White Hart Lane could be a factor and are understood to be looking elsewhere.

So far this summer a deal for Luka Modric has been completed, while John Bostock has agreed to sign from Crystal Palace and a move for Barcelona's Giovani dos Santos has been suggested.

Modric has revealed the role chairman Daniel Levy had in persuading him to sign from Dinamo Zagreb.

"I heard them (Dinamo officials) say the chairman was there and that everything was decided," he said.

"I couldn't speak, I was in a state of shock. I didn't expect it to happen just like that but of course I was more than happy and replied that I accepted it."

"I could hardly sleep the night before meeting the chairman and was very excited about flying to London with him. With that act the chairman has shown how much he wanted to please his coach."

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=e5b272366046d0348cf04b1387b7738f